Good oral health is a big deal, and it starts at an early age. That tenet forms the cornerstone of our practice and drives everything we do.
Starting with your child’s first visit, we take extra care to build a relationship based on trust with our pint-sized patients, and collaborating with parents is a big part of laying that foundation. Together, we can create a comfortable and stress-free experience that will set up your child for a lifetime of great oral habits and healthy smiles.
When oral emergencies or unexpected dental issues arise, we are ready to deliver best-in-class pediatric dental care that comes with a huge dose of compassion. We also provide nitrous sedation and sedation dentistry to provide an added level of comfort for our patients.
Dr. Bienstock is a board-certified pediatric dentist who treats children of all ages. She operates her practice at Norterra Kids’ Dentistry and Orthodontics in North Phoenix, and she will soon expand to The Kids Dental Office of Phoenix in the Arcadia area.
From an early age, Dr. Bienstock realized that pediatric dentistry was her calling. After gaining exposure to the field through her brother’s dental practice, she became keenly aware of the fears many people face when it comes to visiting the dentist and resolved to create a practice that creates a comfortable, stress-free experience.
Starting her career at one of the premier pediatric dentistry practices in New York City, she quickly established herself as an empathetic and gentle professional who delivers exceptional care. Sometimes this means finding creative solutions to helping meet children’s needs – whether in the exam room or alleviating fears in the waiting room. In addition to routine early treatment, her pediatric specialties also include emergency dentistry, preventative dentistry as well as dental restorations, extractions and frenectomies. Further, she has developed an expertise in treating children with special needs and intellectual disabilities.
Charitably minded, Dr. Bienstock has also used her professional experience to lend a compassionate hand to Arizona Mission of Mercy, Healthy Children Healthy Families, the American Dental Association’s Give Kids A Smile Program and the Somos Amigos Dominican Republic Dental Outreach Mission Trip.
- Executive Master of Business Administration (MBA), Arizona State University W.P. Carey School of Business
- Pediatric Residency, Columbia University & New York Presbyterian Medical Center
- Doctor of Dentistry (DMD), University of Nevada Las Vegas’ School of Dental Medicine (top of class)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), The University of Texas at Austin
- Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- Appointed to Arizona State Board of Dental Examiners by Gov. Ducey
- Privileges at Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Dental Medicine, Columbia College of Dental Medicine (2009-2011)
- Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- “Top Dentist” from Phoenix Magazine (2015, 2017, 2018)
- “Best of the Valley” from Arizona Foothills (2011-2015)
- The Best in Health and Self from XXXXX (2014, 2015)
- Top 35 Entrepreneurs Under 35 from The Arizona Republic (2013)
Led by Dr. Bienstock, our practice delivers a full-service pediatric dentistry experience. From routine dental well-checks to more involved cases, including orthodontics, we can meet the most complex needs of our smallest patients until they enter adulthood.
Dr. Allison Inouye,
Originally from the Greater Los Angeles area, Dr. Inouye earned her Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) from the University of California Los Angeles School of Dentistry, magna cum laude. She moved to New York to complete a General Practice and Pediatric Fellowship at the Montefiore Medical Center, and then found her way back west for her Pediatric Dentistry Residency at NYU Langone Dental in Tucson. Here, she discovered her love of Arizona.
Dr. Inouye is a member of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, American Dental Association (ADA), as well as the Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society. She has volunteered for ADA’s Give Kids A Smile Program and the Honduras Dental Mission.
Dr. Prashansa Sharma-Makwana,
Dr. Sharma-Makwana is an only child who moved around the country with her family all throughout her childhood. She's lived in many different states, including Nebraska, California, Missouri, Ohio, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, and Illinois. Ever since high school, she knew she wanted to become an orthodontist. She loves traveling, dad jokes and dancing - her husband and she once performed in a music video with Snoop Dogg!
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
- Arizona State Orthodontic Association
- American Dental Association
- Arizona Dental Association
- Tufts Dental Medicine Dr. Norman H. Diamond Award
- Delta Dental Student Leadership Award
- American Association of Women Dentists Eleanor J. Bushee Senior Dental Student Award
- UIC Chancellor's Student Service and Leadership Award
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society
Dr. Nishant Chauhan,
Dr. Chauhan is a dentist anesthesiologist who has provided hospital and office based anesthesia for many patients, including very sick patients undergoing major surgery.
- Born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona
- High school: Brophy College Preparatory
- College: Creighton University
- Dental: AZ School of Dentistry & Oral Health
- MPH: A.T. Still University
- MBA: University of Phoenix
- Lutheran Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY
- Level One Trauma Center
- Awarded Position of Chief Resident
Dr. Chauhan met his wife in dental school and together they have a daughter that keeps them busy at home. They also have a dog who they rescued from the Arizona Humane Society.
Dr. Chauhan is experienced caring for patients of all ages and backgrounds.