Benefits of Orthodontics in Early Childhood
Pediatric dental specialists in Camelback know that orthodontics is one of the most effective ways of treating abnormalities in the jaw and teeth. Most people do not bring in their kids for orthodontic treatment until the condition is considered very obvious. However, treating children as young as 7 for orthodontics treatment can not only prevent major abnormalities but can catch problems before they increase in severity. As a parent, it’s a good idea to know what signs to look for when it comes to seeking out a pediatric orthodontist in Camelback. Here’s what you should keep an eye on regarding your child’s dental health.
- Does your child bite their cheeks?
- Does your child have pain or sensitivity when they bite or chew food?
- Do you hear a popping sound when they move their jaw when talking or eating?
- Do you notice gaps between their teeth that seem excessive?
- Are your child’s teeth growing in crooked?
- Does your child have an over or underbite preventing them from opening and closing their mouth correctly?
- Do you notice your child snores regularly?
- Do you notice your child is mouth breathing?
- Is your child still a thumb sucker, even though they are past the toddler stage?
- Does your child complain of headaches or jaw pain?
If you answered yes to some or all of these questions, it might be time to seek out an evaluation from a Camelback pediatric orthodontist.
Now that we know some signs to look for as a parent, there are other things that might require assistance from a kids orthodontist in Camelback. When your child’s baby teeth are coming in straight most parents breathe a sigh of relief; however, this does not mean that adult teeth are developing under the surface properly. Additionally, as molars and wisdom teeth start to come in, it can cause a host of problems. Molars and wisdom teeth can cause the mouth to crowd, which can be painful for your child.
These examples can be spotted by a pediatric Orthodontist in Camelback ahead of time, which can help prevent pain to your child in advance. Here are some other reasons why it is wise to bring your child to a kids orthodontist in Camelback while they are still young.
• It reduces the chance of having permanent teeth removed later on in childhood
• Reduces the chances of shifting teeth and the likelihood of them becoming more crooked
• Closes gaps in your child’s teeth
• Makes sure your child’s jaw development is aligned and functioning properly
• Ensures that overcrowding of teeth, which is common in children, doesn’t cause future pain or misalignment
We want to make sure that kids and parents alike are educated on the importance of dental hygiene and all of the benefits of orthodontics. This is why Dr. Lisa Bienstock believes in early education for both dental and orthodontic procedures. We want to do everything possible to make sure that every child has access to dental and orthodontic treatment, and that is why we are a low cost kids dentist in Camelback.
Give us a call at 602.903.4894 or visit our website to learn more about why choosing a pediatric orthodontist in Camelback is the best decision for your family.